Current:Home > FinanceSurpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, returns to Instagram to tease new food, cookbook, cutlery brand -Elevate Capital Network
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, returns to Instagram to tease new food, cookbook, cutlery brand
SignalHub View
Date:2025-04-07 04:02:28
MONTECITO,Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center Calif. (AP) — Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, has returned to Instagram to tease a new brand that records show could feature jams, household items, cookbooks and cutlery.
The former actor left Instagram when she got engaged to Prince Harry, and as recently as last week, spoke about the dangers of social media. On Thursday, a new account called American Riviera Orchard appeared on Instagram, saying it was created by Meghan. The unverified account included photos of a logo and link to a website to join a waitlist to learn more details.
Documents filed in February with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office registered the American Riviera Orchard name and sought trademark protection for a variety of goods and services. Those include textiles, cutlery, “jellies, jams; marmalades” and assorted food spreads. It also said the brand might feature “coffee services in the nature of tableware; tea services in the nature of tableware; servingware for serving food and drinks; decanters” and other beverage wear.
The filing also said cookbooks and a retail space should be covered by the application.
A message to a representative of the duchess was not immediately returned. The trademark was filed under a company called Mama Knows Best, which Delaware records show was registered in January.
“The American Riviera” has been a trademarked phrase used to promote tourism and travel in the Santa Barbara area.
During a panel at the South by Southwest festival last week, Meghan spoke at a panel alongside Katie Couric and Brooke Shields and talked about the negative impact social media had on young mothers, including herself. She said she experienced online “bullying and abuse” when pregnant with her two children, as well as after they were born.
“I keep my distance from it right now just for my own well-being,” she said. “You really wrap your head around why people would be so hateful. It’s not catty. It’s cruel.”
Before marrying Prince Harry, Meghan starred on the series “Suits” and operated a popular blog, The Tig. She shuttered it after her engagement, though she and Harry shared an Instagram account when they were still senior working royals.
Meghan and Harry live in Montecito, California, a coastal community near Santa Barbara that is home to numerous celebrities. The Instagram post announcing American Riviera Orchard includes a reference to Montecito.
The couple left official royal duties in January 2020, giving up their titles of “your highness” and stopped receiving public funds. Meghan did a podcast for Spotify and Harry released a successful memoir in the years since then.
veryGood! (35)
Related
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- 'That's good': Virginia man's nonchalant response about winning $1,000 a week for rest of life
- Oscars shortlist includes 'I'm Just Ken,' 'Oppenheimer.' See what else made the cut.
- Cristina Pacheco, foremost chronicler of street life in Mexico for half a century, has died at 82
- Who's hosting 'Saturday Night Live' tonight? Musical guest, how to watch Dec. 14 episode
- Residents of Iceland village near volcano that erupted are allowed to return home
- Former NFL player Mike Williams died of dental-related sepsis, medical examiner says
- Kim Kardashian Reveals Why She Used SKIMS Fabric to Wrap Her Christmas Presents
- The White House is cracking down on overdraft fees
- Pornhub owner agrees to pay $1.8M and independent monitor to resolve sex trafficking-related charge
Ranking
- USA men's volleyball mourns chance at gold after losing 5-set thriller, will go for bronze
- Supreme Court won’t fast-track ruling on whether Trump can be prosecuted in election subversion case
- No. 1 picks Victor Wembanyama and Connor Bedard meet: The long and short of it
- Michael Mann still has another gear. At 80, he’s driving ‘Ferrari’
- Pressure on a veteran and senator shows what’s next for those who oppose Trump
- Apple iPhone users, time to update your iOS software again. This time to fix unspecified bugs
- Seattle hospital says Texas attorney general asked for records about transgender care for children
- Former NFL player Mike Williams died of dental-related sepsis, medical examiner says
Recommendation
9/11 hearings at Guantanamo Bay in upheaval after surprise order by US defense chief
Missouri school board that previously rescinded anti-racism resolution drops Black history classes
Horoscopes Today, December 21, 2023
Cristina Pacheco, foremost chronicler of street life in Mexico for half a century, has died at 82
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Christmas Eve 2023 store hours: Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Best Buy, TJ Maxx all open
Judge keeps Chris Christie off Maine's Republican primary ballot
Report: Dodgers agree to 12-year deal with Japanese pitcher Yoshinobu Yamamoto