Current:Home > NewsNew lawsuits accuse Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexual assault against 6 people, including a minor -Elevate Capital Network
New lawsuits accuse Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexual assault against 6 people, including a minor
Algosensey Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-07 06:19:55
NEW YORK (AP) — A new wave of lawsuits filed Monday accuses Sean “Diddy” Combs of raping women, sexually assaulting men and molesting a 16-year-old boy.
At least six lawsuits were filed against the hip-hop mogul in federal court in Manhattan. They were filed anonymously, two by women identified as Jane Does and four by men identified as John Does.
The accusers are part of what their lawyers say is a group of more than 100 alleged victims who are in the process of taking legal action against Combs in the wake of his sex trafficking arrest last month.
One of the John Does, a man living in North Carolina, alleges that Combs fondled his genitals when he was 16 at one of the rapper’s famous white parties in Long Island’s Hamptons in 1998.
The man alleges that during a conversation about possibly breaking into the music industry, Combs abruptly ordered the then-teen to drop his pants.
According to the man’s lawsuit, Combs explained to him that it was a rite of passage to becoming a music star, at one point asking the then-teen: “Don’t you want to break into the business?”
The man said he complied out of fear, anxiety and power imbalance he felt with Combs, only realizing later that what had happened was sexual assault.
Until Monday’s lawsuit, Combs had only been accused in civil cases and his criminal indictment of sexual activity with adults.
Combs’ lawyers and other representatives did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment. When the planned lawsuits were announced Oct. 1, a lawyer said Combs “cannot address every meritless allegation in what has become a reckless media circus.”
Combs, 54, has pleaded not guilty to racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking charges alleging he coerced and abused women for years with help from a network of associates and employees while silencing victims through blackmail and violence, including kidnapping, arson and physical beatings.
Combs’ lawyers have been trying unsuccessfully to get the Bad Boy Records founder freed on bail. He has been held at a federal jail in Brooklyn since his Sept. 16 arrest.
Two judges have concluded that Combs would be a danger to the community if he is released from the Metropolitan Detention Center, a facility that has been plagued by violence and dysfunction for years. At a bail hearing three weeks ago, a judge rejected a $50 million bail package, including home detention and electronic monitoring, after concluding that Combs was a threat to tamper with witnesses and obstruct a continuing investigation.
On Friday, an appeals court judge denied Combs’ immediate release from jail while a three-judge panel of the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals weighs his bail request.
The other lawsuits filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan include allegations of rape, forced oral sex and drugging to incapacitate victims.
One of the Jane Does suing Combs alleges he raped her in a locked hotel room in 2004 after he invited her and a friend there for a party, gave them drinks and told them to snort cocaine.
The woman, a college freshman at the time, alleges Combs also forced her friend to perform oral sex on him and said he would have them both killed if they didn’t comply with his demands.
The other Jane Doe alleges Combs violently attacked and raped her in a bathroom in 2005 at a party for the late rapper Biggie Smalls’ music video, “One More Chance.”
According to the woman, Combs brought her into the bathroom to talk privately and then started kissing her unexpectedly. When she tried to pull away, she alleges, he slammed her head against the wall, causing her to fall to the floor. The woman said she tried to escape, but Combs hit her again and raped her.
Afterward, according to the woman, Combs nonchalantly adjusted his clothing and told her: “You better not tell anyone about this, or you will disappear.”
In another John Doe lawsuit, a man working as a security guard at Combs’ Hamptons white party in 2006 alleges the star gave him an alcoholic beverage that he came to believe was laced with a drug that made him feel extremely ill. The man alleges that Combs then pushed him into a van, held him down and sexually assaulted him.
In the other lawsuits filed Monday, Combs is accused of forcing a man to perform oral sex on him in the stockroom of Macy’s flagship store in Manhattan’s Herald Square in 2008 and sexually assaulting a man at a party in October 2021. The latter man, who suspects a drugged beverage left him unable to fight back, recalls multiple men assaulting him and distinctly recalls seeing Combs above him, naked, at one point during the assault, his lawsuit said.
veryGood! (553)
Related
- What to watch: O Jolie night
- Driver rescued after crashed semi dangles off Louisville bridge: She was praying
- Bethany Joy Lenz Reveals Name of Alleged Cult She Says She Belonged To
- Andy Russell, star LB who helped turn Pittsburgh Steelers into champions, dies at 82
- Billy Bean was an LGBTQ advocate and one of baseball's great heroes
- Hungry for Some Good Eats? Kate Hudson, Francia Raisa and More Stars Reveal Their Go-To Snacks
- Cause of death for Thomas Kingston, Lady Gabriella's husband, is released: Reports
- Elon Musk sues OpenAI and Sam Altman, claiming stark betrayal of the AI company's mission
- Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
- A party like no other? Asia’s richest man celebrates son’s prenuptials with a star-studded bash
Ranking
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- CVS and Walgreens to start dispensing the abortion pill in states where it's legal
- Warby Parker offering free solar eclipse glasses ahead of 'celestial spectacle': How to get them
- What to know about the latest court rulings, data and legislation on abortion in the US
- Everything Simone Biles did at the Paris Olympics was amplified. She thrived in the spotlight
- The Smokehouse Creek Fire in the Texas Panhandle has already burned 1.1 million acres. Here are the largest wildfires in U.S. history.
- Death of Jon Stewart's dog prompts flood of donations to animal shelter
- Colorado paramedic sentenced to 5 years in prison for Elijah McClain’s death
Recommendation
Plunge Into These Olympic Artistic Swimmers’ Hair and Makeup Secrets
Ayesha Curry Is Pregnant, Expecting Baby No. 4 With Husband Stephen Curry
Ex-NFL player Chad Wheeler sentenced to 81 months in prison; survivor of attack reacts
Health care company ties Russian-linked cybercriminals to prescriptions breach
Jury selection set for Monday for ex-politician accused of killing Las Vegas investigative reporter
New York man who fatally shot woman who was mistakenly driven up his driveway sentenced to 25 years to life in prison
U.S. health officials drop 5-day isolation time for COVID-19
Viral article used AI to create photo of Disney World's Cinderella Castle on fire