Current:Home > StocksKate, princess of Wales, is discharged from London hospital after abdominal surgery -Elevate Capital Network
Kate, princess of Wales, is discharged from London hospital after abdominal surgery
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-07 05:59:56
LONDON (AP) — Kate, the princess of Wales, has returned home to Windsor after being hospitalized for abdominal surgery, Kensington Palace said Monday.
The princess of Wales’ office at Kensington Palace said the princess underwent planned abdominal surgery on Jan. 16 for an undisclosed condition. The palace didn’t provide further details but said her condition wasn’t cancerous.
“The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided,’’ the palace said in a statement. “The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world.”
The 42-year-old princess, formerly Kate Middleton, is the wife of Prince William, the heir to the throne.
Though she is physically active and has generally experienced good health, Kate was hospitalized with severe morning sickness when she was pregnant.
veryGood! (8577)
Related
- Golf's No. 1 Nelly Korda looking to regain her form – and her spot on the Olympic podium
- California man charged in July Fourth stabbing that killed 2, injured 3
- Missouri man accused of imprisoning and torturing a woman for weeks indicted for murder
- KTLA news anchor Sam Rubin's cause of death revealed
- Olympic men's basketball bracket: Results of the 5x5 tournament
- Grandmother who received first-ever combined heart pump and pig kidney transplant dies at 54
- BMW recalls more than 394,000 cars because airbags could explode
- Kate Beckinsale sheds light on health troubles, reveals what 'burned a hole' in esophagus
- Brianna LaPaglia Reveals The Meaning Behind Her "Chickenfry" Nickname
- Police find missing Chicago woman's cell phone, journal in Bahamian waters
Ranking
- Elon Musk's skyrocketing net worth: He's the first person with over $400 billion
- Are 'gym bros' cultivating a culture of orthorexia?
- Baltimore bridge collapse survivor recounts fighting for his life in NBC interview
- Rory McIlroy says US Open meltdown hurt but was 'not the toughest' loss he's experienced
- Trump wants to turn the clock on daylight saving time
- Firefighting plane crashes in Montana reservoir, divers searching for pilot
- McDonald's brings back Smoky BLT Quarter Pounder with Cheese: See when you can get it
- BBC Journalist’s Wife and 2 Daughters Shot Dead in Crossbow Attack
Recommendation
Residents worried after ceiling cracks appear following reroofing works at Jalan Tenaga HDB blocks
Pritzker signs law banning health insurance companies’ ‘predatory tactics,’ including step therapy
Matthew McConaughey's Eye Swollen Shut From Bee Sting
Alex De Minaur pulls out of Wimbledon quarterfinal match vs. Novak Djokovic
Mega Millions winning numbers for August 6 drawing: Jackpot climbs to $398 million
Microsoft quits OpenAI board seat as antitrust scrutiny of artificial intelligence pacts intensifies
Founder of collapsed hedge fund Archegos Capital is convicted of securities fraud scheme
Suspected carjacker shot by U.S. Marshal outside home of Justice Sonia Sotomayor last week