Current:Home > reviewsPrincess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says -Elevate Capital Network
Princess Kate returns home after abdominal surgery, 'is making good progress,' palace says
Algosensey View
Date:2025-04-07 07:18:22
Princess Kate has returned home nearly two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital for a "planned abdominal surgery."
The Princess of Wales, 42, is back at the royal's home in Windsor to continue her recovery. "She is making good progress," Kensington Palace said in a statement Monday.
"The Prince and Princess wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided," the statement continued. "The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well wishes they have received from around the world."
Kensington Palace announced on Jan. 17 that Kate underwent a "successful" surgery on Jan. 16 and was expected to remain hospitalized for 10 to 14 days.
"Based on the current medical advice, she is unlikely to return to public duties until after Easter," according to the statement.
Princess Kate hospitalizedfor abdominal surgery, postpones royal engagements, palace says
Kate asked for privacy amid her recovery. "She hopes that the public will understand her desire to maintain as much normality for her children as possible; and her wish that her personal medical information remains private."
The Princess of Wales and husband Prince William share three kids: Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5.
The palace apologized to all those affected by Kate's postponed engagements. "She looks forward to reinstating as many as possible, as soon as possible," the statement concluded.
King Charles recently treated for an enlarged prostate
That same day as the news of Kate's surgery, Buckingham Palace announced King Charles III would undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate.
King Charles was admitted to a London hospital for the scheduled treatment, the palace announced Friday.
"His Majesty would like to thank all those who have sent their good wishes over the past week and is delighted to learn that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness," the palace said.
On. Jan 17, Buckingham Palace said King Charles would seek treatment for a "corrective procedure" that is "in common with thousands of men each year."
The palace said the king's condition is "benign," but public engagements would be postponed for a brief period of rest as he heals from the procedure and timing of the announcement could be seen as explaining King Charles' absence. Foreign dignitaries and members of the Cabinet had been due to travel to Dumfries House in Scotland.
The British royals typically maintain a robust schedule of public engagements for their various charities and personal family outings such as their yearly Easter church service at St. George's Chapel.
Contributing: Jay Stahl, Brendan Morrow, Taijuan Moorman, USA TODAY; The Associated Press
King Charles III to be hospitalizedfor enlarged prostate, palace says
veryGood! (175)
Related
- Eva Mendes Shares Message of Gratitude to Olympics for Keeping Her and Ryan Gosling's Kids Private
- 'Jackass' star Steve-O says he scrapped breast implants prank after chat with trans stranger
- Brush fire leads to evacuations in a north-central Arizona town
- Horoscopes Today, September 17, 2024
- Report: Lauri Markkanen signs 5-year, $238 million extension with Utah Jazz
- Jalen Hurts rushing yards: Eagles QB dominates with legs in 'Monday Night Football' loss
- Michigan cannot fire coach Sherrone Moore for cause for known NCAA violations in sign-stealing case
- Major companies abandon an LGBTQ+ rights report card after facing anti-diversity backlash
- Southern California rocked by series of earthquakes: Is a bigger one brewing?
- Skin needing hydration and a refresh? Here's a guide to Korean skincare routines
Ranking
- Justice Department, Louisville reach deal after probe prompted by Breonna Taylor killing
- Harris to sit down with Black journalists for a rare interview
- 'Jackass' star Steve-O says he scrapped breast implants prank after chat with trans stranger
- Kentucky deputy killed in exchange of gunfire with suspect, sheriff says
- New Orleans mayor’s former bodyguard making first court appearance after July indictment
- Pregnant Mandy Moore Says She’s Being Followed Ahead of Baby No. 3’s Birth
- 'That was a big one!' Watch Skittles the parrot perform unusual talent: Using a human toilet
- Los Angeles Rams WR Cooper Kupp to miss 'good amount of time' due to ankle injury
Recommendation
Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
Pregnant Mandy Moore Says She’s Being Followed Ahead of Baby No. 3’s Birth
Georgia official seeks more school safety money after Apalachee High shooting
WNBA's Caitlin Clark Celebrates Boyfriend Connor McCaffery's Career Milestone
Will the 'Yellowstone' finale be the last episode? What we know about Season 6, spinoffs
Miley Cyrus sued over allegations her hit song 'Flowers' copied a Bruno Mars song
8-year-old girl drove mom's SUV on Target run: 'We did let her finish her Frappuccino'
Northern lights forecast: These Midwest states may catch Monday's light show